Hey, Dearborn! Let’s kick off this Wednesday with everything you need to know about what’s happening today in Dearborn.
First, today’s weather forecast:
Rather sunny and cold. High: 17 Low: 6.
Here are the top stories in Dearborn today:
- Dearborn Schools: DCMST Socket Applications from 8th grade students for the next school year. (Press Release Office)
- Could Michigan’s teacher shortage worse In the years to come? (W X Y Z)
- Taylor High School was locked down after a threatening note found in the bathroom. (WDIV)
- How to save money, land the best grocery store deals as prizes to augment. (Detroit Free Press)
- ‘You’re lucky I don’t have my gun’: Road rage attack filmed in Livonia. (Fox 2 Detroit)
Today’s Dearborn Daily is brought to you in part from our friends at GoodRx – the best way to save money on your prescriptions. GoodRx helps you locate the lowest prices for drugs at local pharmacies, so you don’t pay too much. Also works for pet medications! To see how much you can save, go to GoodRx.com.
- Dearborn City Government: âDearborn is proud to welcome three new firefighters who recently joined the ranks of the Dearborn Fire Department. Help us welcome Joe Deichelbohrer, Bryan Lemon and Brice Wade-Shaner to the DFD family. On Friday, January 21, the mayor…” (Facebook)
- Dearborn City Government: “ICYMI: Listen to Mayor Hammoud’s three-part interview on WJR Radio. Earlier this morning, Mayor Abdullah H. Hammoud appeared on WJR-AM Radio: News Talk 760 for a three-part interview with the Senior News Analyst Lloyd Jackson. Mayor Hammoud’s Disc…” (Facebook)
- Dearborn Area Chamber of Commerce: “It’s happening now! We’re thrilled to be here at the Dearborn Hills Golf Course for our A Tale of Our Cities. Thanks to Comcast and Beaumont Health for their continued support!” (Facebook)
- Dearborn Area Chamber of Commerce: “#TastyTuesday is here, and Bangkok 96 is in the neighborhood on Telegraph, Michigan Ave, or visit them at downtown Bangkok 96 Street Food, stay warm and eat, spice it up! #thaifood# healthyfood #coldweather #keepgoing #keepsu.. .” (Facebook)
More from our sponsors – please support the local news!
Do you like the Dearborn Daily? Here are all the ways you can get more involved:
You’re all caught up for today! I will see you soon.
â Dylan Siwicki
About me: I was born and raised on the Westside of Detroit, in the Polish blue-collar neighborhood of Warrendale. I am a Detroit Public School graduate who fought hard to earn my education. My aspiration to journalism came when I was young, when I started following the corruption scandal of former Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick. My first break into the world of journalism began with the opportunity to work at the Michigan Journal, where I primarily reported on campus and local news throughout the Dearborn community. I finally worked my way to the news editor. Correlated with working in journalism, I had an incredible opportunity to study and write about many different cultures and backgrounds at the Piast Institute, which also helped prepare me for this role. So, with first-hand experience growing up in a close-knit neighborhood, I know the importance of delivering news and telling stories that impact local communities. And as the latest news editor at Patch for Metro Detroit, it’s my job to deliver that news. So feel free to contact me about new tips or your own unique experiences at [email protected]