Thai rice cooker duck. Photography: Patrick Browne
- For: 4
- Cooking time: 45 mins
- Dish: Main dish
- Cuisine: Asian
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 red onion, peeled and finely diced
- 1 red chilli, seeded and finely diced
- 2 strips of lemon zest
- 8 cardamom pods, lightly crushed
- 2 tablespoons Thai green curry paste
- 2 duck legs confit (cooked), skin and bones removed and diced.
- 300g jasmine rice, rinsed
- 1 can (400ml) light coconut milk
- 300ml chicken stock
- A little coriander to garnish
For the rice cooker:
1 Put all the ingredients except the cilantro in the rice cooker, stir and cook.
2 Once cooked, let stand for five minutes, then flake with a fork and serve garnished with cilantro and mango chutney.
For the oven:
1 Set the oven to 185 degrees. Put the sesame oil, pepper, red onion, chilli, lemon and cardamom in an ovenproof pan and cook over low heat for about 10 minutes, until softened.
2 Add the rest of the ingredients except the cilantro.
3 Bring to a boil, cover and bake for 20 minutes, until all the liquid is absorbed.
4 Leave the rice to rest then plump it up and serve with the coriander and mango chutney.